Monday 23 January 2012

23/1/12 Turn Of The Tide Pike





I returned today to the scene of Dave's success but at a completely different state of the tide. Starting virtually a LW I soon had a take and a pike of around the double mark was on for a minute before the hooks let go. Fumbling for the landing net didn't help but having the rods spaced either side of a bush I had little choice. Things are much easier when Dave's about.
I had to sit on my hands to stop myself moving swims as the tide came in-not my favourite time, it has to be said. It did prove to be quiet until once again the tide had topped out, and another bite was forthcoming in the shape of this single.
Unfortunately I had to call it a day as it was time for work which was a shame as I feel that more might have been about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment