Thursday 7 March 2013

4/3/13 Too Much Piking?

Probably yes!
A short session with newly acquired trout baits at upper river H1 reminded me how difficult this stretch is to fish, due to its steep banks and general lack of swim access.Dave has scored the occsional spectacular pike from the area, and i've had some doubles but generally, It disappoints and today was little different to the norm.
With just one other stretch available on my current club ticket , I think it may be time for a complete change of venue for winter piking next season, and some different club waters.My river is controlled by so many clubs that there is plenty of choice and it would take a lifetime (or two) to explore them all.It's times like this that make me wish I'd continued fishing through my twenties, and thirties.

No comments:

Post a Comment