Monday 14 February 2011

14/2/11 The Farm Pond


The rivers are high and coloured with recent rain so It was off to The Farm Pond today with half a pint of maggots, a pole, and a stool, for a bit of old fashioned kid's stuff to while away a couple of hours in between night shifts.This tiny little pond certainly has a few hidden surprises and as well as about 20 decent roach(best a pound) and rudd, I managed a tiny perch,and  tench and carp, also of about a pound each .
Typically, the silver fish bites were tricky to hit even on a bristle pole float but I seemed to improve as the session progressed.Felt a bit mean only buying half a pint from Malcolm, but it was the best £1-15 I've spent in a long time.
Amusingly, I paid for my frugal approach as I actually ran out of bait.Saving grace was catching a roach on my very last maggot!

No comments:

Post a Comment