Monday 2 August 2010

2/8/10 L.A boating


I've had some pretty Impressive boat trips this year aboard my mate Rusty's Orkney 'The Sea Fairy' moored at Littlehampton marina.I'm very much a tyro, when it comes to inshore boat angling but, I'm eager to learn the ropes and perhaps, one day,I'll run my own open sea boat.There's certainly more to it than first meets the eye.
A Bit of an experimental trip this one,spending an afternoon trying to catch bass,our nemesis, from the Kingmere on drifted live mackerel .At first it seemed that the mackerel would oblige as I'd had two on my first drop down but,after that things became a little more difficult.Eventually we had a few bait and began our drifts over the mark but to no avail-not a sniff.I did pick up a small pollack,and a scad(my first) on the feathers but that was that and we moved over to Russell's favourite Ray mark for some general bottom fishing.Unfortunately,I couldn't buy a fish over here,but Russ caught a hound on a peeler, and a fair sized undulate ray on a mackerel flapper.The wind kicked up in the early evening and we called it a day with me rather annoyingly, feeling slightly seasick.You can't win 'em all.
The picture is of Phil's similar Orkney running out to the Kingmere with us.Check out that sea/sky scape.Pretty spectacular stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment